Friday, November 20

A perfect winter floral fragrance


I'm not really one for deeper scents; my favourite perfumes are light and floral, think Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb. Occasionally though, on dark winter nights I'm tempted to try something bolder and musky.

Lancome's Trésor Midnight Rose is the perfect balance of light floral notes, like Peony and Rose, with heavier Musk and Blackcurrant. Looking at the list of scents it's easy to see why I like it, full of favourites like Jasmine, Vanilla and Pink Pepper, but its much heavier than I usually dare.

To me this has become a nostalgic scent as I bought it in my first year of university and wore it at house parties, nights out and on cold days exploring the new city in the snow. It's a really lovely deep floral fruity fragrance; pretty and girly but a little more sensual than most of my other perfumes. I just sprayed some on and my boyfriend commented that 'something smells quite nice', so it must be quite good then!

The bottle is clearly gorgeous too. It's not over the top in design but the purple gradient, tapered bottle and ribbon rose are really quite elegant.

This is something I'd suggest trying out if you're into soft and light floral fragrances as I am but want to try something deeper for the Christmas party months.

Lancome's Trésor Midnight Rose, £40 for 50ml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)