Friday, November 27

Affordable Eyeshadow Palettes - Revolution Iconic

DSC_0262-001DSC_0271-001
It’s fair to say that I have more than enough eyeshadow palettes to last a lifetime. The British high street has really stepped up in the last few years in terms of eye palettes and I am grateful because they are one of my favourite makeup items. I have the odd individual shadow but it’s rare that I will use only one shadow for a look so I opt for eyeshadow palettes to provide me with a handy variety of coordinating tones.

Some of my favourites are the Iconic palettes from Revolution. These are clearly created as Urban Decay Naked palette dupes but I’m not complaining. I think it’s brilliant that there are affordable options out there for any beauty enthusiast without a huge budget. I own Iconic 2 and Iconic 3.

Revolution’s Iconic 2 is a beautiful collection of cool toned neautrals. A matte cream, taupe and black will help you create a neutral base for an endless array of golden shimmery looks. I love using this for bronzy smoky eyes as well as easy everyday looks. I appreciate the shimmery champagne because this kind of shade is an essential for my everyday inner corner highlight.

The Iconic 3 is far more pink in tone, a lovely array of rosy mattes and shimmers. Again there are a handful of mattes that you could use alone or as a base for a beautiful shimmery look. These create anything from a ‘done’ but subtle pink toned eye to heavy purple smoke for the evening. Because the palettes are only £4 each, this is a quick way of adding a variety of pink tones to your eyeshadow collection.

In terms of quality I love the Revolution palettes. These are well pigmented, buttery and easy to blend though the shimmers have a higher colour payoff than the mattes. There is little to no fallout and these wear really well on me when paired with some form of base be it concealer or a cream colour underneath. My only quibble is that the packaging could be better, my slightly older Iconic 2 is falling apart as the plastic is brittle but that doesn’t affect the shadow quality.

For £4 you really can’t go wrong, these are gorgeous palettes to add to your collection and would also be a lovely gift for somebody starting out in makeup. I think they’re staples for anybody that likes to play with eyeshadow.

Revolution Iconic 2, £4 for 12 shadows, Revolution Iconic 3, £4 for 12 shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)