Thursday, March 24

Budget Serums: Superdrug's Simply Pure Hydrating Serum and Naturally Radiant Serum

I love using serums; they are a great step to slot in between eye creams and moisturisers to add a little skin boost. It can be hard to find a good cheap serum so I wanted to mention two brilliant and affordable serums that I love.

First up is Superdrug's Naturally Radiant 2 in 1 moisturiser and serum. I love the Naturally Radiant range as a whole and also enjoy using the mask and hot cloth cleanser. It might call itself a 'moisturiser and serum' but for my dry skin this is not hydrating enough to be a moisturiser alone. I like to use it as the last step of my skincare before I apply my moisturiser and I prefer using it overnight.

This is a nice light gel texture that sweeps over skin easily. I've found that the fruit acids in this help to brighten my skin and helps to fade any scarring I have from past blemishes. It doesn't give you instant results like some masks can but is a nice little extra boost which is great for something you can pick up for just £2.95 while it's on offer!

Next up, I feel like a hydrating serum is an essential in my skincare routine and this one from Simply Pure at Superdrug is lovely especially given it's £2.69 price tag. The ingredients are quite impressive and include glycerin, lactic acid (an AHA), and everybody's favourite hydrating hyaluronic acid. Take a look at a detailed rundown of the ingredients on Clemmie's Big Sister's blog post.

I use this morning and night and it's helped me keep hydrated throughout the changing seasons; a time when I usually find my skin feeling sensitive and dry. Again, it isn't magic and won't instantly cure any dehydration but does help keep skin soft and plump and really is very impressive for it's extremely low price. It's also very popular and is frequently out of stock on the shelves so if you spot one, grab it!

Both of these are great buys and are worth checking out if you think they might work well for your own skin. I love that they are such inexpensive skincare buys with unassuming packaging (though I do appreciate that they both have a pump) and impressive ingredients lists.

It's worth noting that both serums contain chemical exfoliators so should be used in conjunction with a daily SPF - but if you're looking after your skin you should really be wearing sun protection daily anyway.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Serum and Moisturiser, £5.95, Superdrug Simply Pure Hydrating Serum, £2.69

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)