Thursday, May 23

Mua Power Pout in Broken Hearted

SAM_5359-003

I am a huge lover of Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains, the only quibble I have is that there aren't enough colours (in the UK anyway). So I didn't think twice when I spotted a similar looking lip crayon on my local MUA stand.

SAM_5386-002

The packaging is almost exactly the same as the Revlon JBKBS, a sturdy plastic tube colour coordinating with the product inside, and a silver wind up mechanism at the bottom. It also has a similar minty scent but happily smells less like digestion tablets and more like toothpaste.

As for the product inside, it isn't a stain like Revlon's offering, while Revlon's balms are slightly waxy Mua's are glossy and moisturising. Mua's Power Pouts actually have a smaller ingredient list and contain Shea butter and Jojoba oil which means they're really comfortable on the lips, just like wearing a regular balm.

Unfortunately, these aren't as long lasting as the Revlon balms but they don't claim to be a stain so I can't fault them there. I would say that the formula is a tinted balm closer to Revlon's lip butters. But it does last a couple of hours, wears easily and it's so easy to reapply I don't find the lasting power to be a problem.

The shade I have is Broken Hearted which is a soft red toned pink. It's very wearable and reasonably pigmented. The colour on the lips is pretty much the same as it is in the bullet. I can see tiny specks of shimmer in the bullet and it looks slightly shimmery on the lips, but I find it hard to spot any actual particles when swatched.

My only niggle is that if I apply too much product onto my lips then it can become quite slippy but it is pigmented enough to only need a thin layer. I think it's perfect to pop in your bag and swipe on on the go. A great product for a low maintenance lip.

If you were hoping for a dupe for the JBKBS then this isn't it, but it is a really great moisturising tinted balm, and definitely worth picking up for £3. I'm looking forward to trying out more of the colours soon.

SAM_5356-001

You can pick up Mua's Power Pouts in Superdrug stores for £3, online at Superdrug or from the Mua store. There are six shades available.

Sidenote: if you were wondering what nail polish I'm wearing in the first picture, it's Mua's Bright Coral

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)