Saturday, January 9

Head over heels for taupe

Left to right H&M eyeliner in over the taupe, Pixi eye palette in rich gold, No7 Stay Perfect shade and define stick in cool mink

Makeup swatches left to right H&M eyeliner in over the taupe, Pixi eye palette in rich gold shades two and four, No7 Stay Perfect shade and define stick in cool mink
Left to right H&M eyeliner in over the taupe, Pixi eye palette in rich gold shades two and four, No7 Stay Perfect shade and define stick in cool mink
In the latter half of 2015, I developed a new found love for one colour; taupe. I've had affairs with shades before; golds were a favourite for a long time and for a while I obsessed over pink tones. Recently however, I've fallen head over heels for the understated taupe. A little brown, a little silver and often with a hint of purple it's the perfect shade for your everyday look but also a wonderful candidate for a smoky eye. Taupe is your new best friend and below are a few of my favourite taupe products.

I think that my infatuation probably sparked from H&M's aptly named Over the Taupe eyeliner. This is a gorgeously creamy eyeliner that glides on and smudges out beautifully but once set it stays put all day. I use it all the time to smoke out my lower lashline because it's neutral tones match anything I have on the upper lid. It's a standout on it's own too if smudged along the upper lashline, and if you warm it a bit it can be applied as a wash or a base with a finger.

My second smoky favourite is No7's Stay Perfect Shade and Define stick in Cool Mink. This gives a really beautiful wash of colour over the lid and needs virtually no blending. It has a little shimmer but on the lid just looks perfectly dewy and natural - as if you haven't even bothered with eyeshadow. Most days though I use it as a base because it holds shadow like no other. 

Finally some actual shadows, from Pixi. The Mesmerising Mineral eyeshadow palette in Rich Gold has a couple of beautiful taupe-y shades. The second shade down I use all the time all over the lid. It's more of a golden taupe so brightens the eye. The fourth shade in the palette is more of a true taupe and less shimmery so looks beautiful as a crease colour or in the outer corner of the eye. The perfect smoke shade that will flatter any colour.

What do you think of taupe - have you fallen in love or aren't interested? I don't think I've said taupe enough times, let's try again...taupe...taupe...taupe. The word has lost all meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)