Sunday, February 7

January Favourites 2016

A flat lay of makeup prodcuts including; YSL le teint touche eclat, rimmel stay matte powder, rimmel scandaleyes liner in nude, benefit they're real mascara, no7 stay perfect eyeshadow palette, vichy dermablend concealer

Swatces of No7's Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Palette in Nude
This months favourites are all fairly nude - I haven't picked out a favourite lipstick or anything colourful because in January I didn't really stick to one. These favourites comprise of some long term loves, rediscoveries and a new base technique!

Let's begin with the foundation, Yves Saint Laurent's Le Teint Touche Eclat which I have waxed lyrical about many times over but am still in love with. I love the easy dewy formula that provides a little coverage and a lot of luminosity, blurring any redness and hiding dark circles. This month a new formulation has been released and I'm crossing my fingers that I love it just as much!

For concealer I've been using Vichy's Dermablend a lot which I've had for ages (can you tell by my well loved packaging that I've taped up with washi!) but have been using in a new way. I've been pinpoint concealing a la Lisa Eldridge. This is a great way to hide any small spots while keeping the rest of your base lightweight and natural. Take a look at the 'Eldridge Technique' here.

Another base product that I've been wearing over and over is Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. I usually opt for the Bourjois Poudre de Riz but recently I've wanted something less sparkly and a little more basic. This powder is lovely and lightweight and really does the job when you want to set your base and soak up a little shine without looking cakey and dry. Plus it's only £3.99!

Sticking to Rimmel I picked up a new Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Nude and I've really enjoyed using it. I don't know how I did without it once I used my last pencil up. It hides any redness in the waterline and opens the eyes without looking as obvious as a white pencil. Perfect for tired Mondays!

For eyes I've been really enjoying this gorgeous nude eyeshadow palette from No7. The Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Palette in Nude is a lovely compact collection of eight taupe nude shades. The shades are nicely pigmented though not too much so are easy to apply quickly and blend out well. Any mixture of these shades will easily create low-key everyday makeup of a more dramatic smokey eye. I picked this up in limited edition gold packaging in the autumn but it's now operantly available.

Finally I've been loving Benefit's They're Real mascara. I've been using this for ages but actually tried out a few different mascara's this month including Roller Lash, and straying from my favourite has made me realise how much I love it. It does a great job of adding length, a little volume and lots of definition to my lashes without looking clumpy.

So there are my favourites from the last month! Expect a lot more colour for February because I'm already pretending that it's spring. What were you loving in January?

Ysl Le Teint Touche Eclat, £31.50, Vichy Dermablend Corrective Stick, £15, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, £3.99, Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner, £3.99, No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Palette, £13.50, Benefit They're Real mascara, £19.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)