Thursday, February 11

Six of the best red lips



It may be the episodes of Agent Carter and Call the Midwife I'm watching at the moment but I'm really feeling a red lip. I rounded up my reds to show off my favourite red lipsticks.
First up is the cheapest of the bunch from Essence. Shade number 14 Adorable matt! is a lovely berry red shade with a demi matte finish. The formula isn't drying at all and the first time I wore this I was shocked at it's staying power. Seriously impressive for just over £2!

Next up is an old favourite, Revlon's Colourburst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon. This is a lovely sheer balmy formula that is really flattering on the lips and easy to wear. It's moisturising and sheer but definitely build-able to a strong red shade. This gives a really pretty juicy appearance to the lips.

Clinique's Pop Lip Colour in Cherry Pop is a gorgeous red that leans a little pink. Again this is moisturising and flattering but by no means sheer. Honestly with so much pigment I'd prefer this to be a little less slippy and I wouldn't eat a burger with it. But it does last well and is easy to reapply.

Something even pinker is Max Factor's Colour Elixir Lipstick in Scarlet Ghost is similar in formula to Clinique's Lip Pop in that it's well pigmented and moisturising but might slide around if you try to eat anything bigger than a mini egg. That said I love the slightly purple toned pink red shade, it's perfect if you want to wear red without looking too vintage.

For a matte red my pick is the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Exclusive Red in Liya. This is quite a matte formula - not as matte as a liquid lipstick but it gives off very little shine. It feels somewhat silicone-y on the lips but not in a bad way - it just means that it isn't drying. This is really easy to wear matte and a good choice for beginners. I love the packaging too but I wish they weren't so strongly perfumed!

Finally my last red lip essential is a lip liner from H&M. This is a gorgeous straight up red with a matte formula but it glides on smoothly if your lips are well moisturised (but without too much product). The real draw to this liner is it's staying power, it clings to your lips like no other! Things can get a little bit flakey towards the end of the day but if you wear this under a somewhat moisturising lipstick you should be good to go.

There are my favourite easy to wear reds. Looking through my collection I've realised that I'm in serious need for something a bit more orange toned - any excuse for a trip to Boots ey?

Essence Longlasting Lipstick, £2.30, Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter, £7.99, Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer, £16, Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick, £7.99, L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Exclusive Reds, £6.99, H&M Lip Liner, £3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)