Sunday, May 8

Seventeen Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze



Shimmer bricks are such a wonderful multi use product. They work as a highlight, bronzer, eyeshadow and even a sheen blush if the formula is right. I picked up this pretty pink toned shimmer brick from Seventeen a month ago when they had a buy one get one half off offer.

In the pan there are four gorgeous rose gold highlight shades. The last swatch in the image above is the four colours together. Each colour is well pigmented and very shimmery. They give off a nice highlight sheen but there is some detectable glitter so one to be weary of if wearing in sunlight.

The formula is oddly a bit stiff, it feels hard in the pan rather than creamy like a lot of good powder formulas I have. That said it is well pigmented and applies well, it just is perhaps a tiny bit chalky.

The real let down for me is the colour. While I love the beautiful rose gold highlight tones, they are far too dark for my super pale skin. I think that as a highlight palette this would work well for somebody with darker skin.

I can still use this shimmer brick as eyeshadow and if I'm feeling adventurous I'll reach for the lightest shade as a warm highlight but it's not a formula I would write home about so perhaps it's one to skip. Makeup revolutions shimmer brick packs much more of a punch!

Seventeen instant glow shimmer brick, £4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)