Sunday, June 26

Makeup Revolution: Fortune Favours the Brave eyeshadow palette

Earlier this year Makeup Revolution teamed up with British Beauty Blogger to create the beautiful Fortune Favours the Brave eye shadow palette. This thirty pan palette encased in sleek gold packaging contains a beautiful range of matte, shimmery and sheeny shadows in gorgeous neutral and deep jewel tones.

A lot of the drugstore eyeshadow palettes tend to be inspired by higher end palettes. I love that this eyeshadow palette stands out on it's own and is such a perfect blend of very wearable neutral shades and more interesting deep blue, green and purple tones.

I've had this for a few months now and it's seen a lot of use. First up the eyeshadow quality is great; most of the shades are really well pigmented and smooth though there are a few that give off less colour, none of these are chalky. 

As I've said, the colour range is wonderful. There are a ton of warm golden neutrals that I love using every day. Glimmer is a gorgeous all over the lid wash that works really well as an everyday neutral. I use a mixture of Buffer, Latte and sometimes Caffeine Fix to define my crease; there are all beautiful matte browns. Ice Cloud and New World are two beautiful white champagne highlights. Blacqua and Caffeine Fix are also perfect for using as powder eyeliner. 

When I'm feeling more colour there are some beautiful peachy and pink shades for something that's still very soft, or for something more smokey, all of the shades in the right side of the palette are perfect. I especially love the greens as they stand out amongst the rest of my eyeshadow collection. Sunset Hour and SUper Gold also deserve a mention as stunning golden shimmers, beautifully pigmented and perfect for a bronze summer makeup look. 

In terms of packaging; I love the gold colour and design on the front but after using it for a while the text and design are fading a lot. That said there haven't been any cracks in the plastic which can happen with cheaper palettes. I also absolutely love the gigantic mirror in this palette. For this reason it's perfect for travelling with. While it's not the most compact eyeshadow palette, it is slim and will save you packing a separate mirror if you need one. 

Overall I love the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave eyeshadow palette. The eyeshadows are all beautiful in colour, texture and pigment and the whole palette works for anything from an easy go to everyday look to a heavy on the smoke and shimmer bold eye. Have I mentioned yet that this palette is only £10, for thirty shadows. If you want to build up your eyeshadow collection quickly I couldn't recommend this enough. It has everything you need. 


*Please note that my palette contains two Peachy shades instead of Hope. I contacted Makeup Revolution about this and they were quick to give me a full refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)