Wednesday, May 29

Face of the Day #2 | Warm & Smoky

SAM_5438-002SAM_5437-001

Today I wanted to put on a lot of make up. Not for any real reason, I'm not sure I actually left the house aside from a trip to Sainsburys. Sometimes I just want to play with my make up.

I used Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair for my base. The Foundation is a little to dark for me, even though it's the lightest shade, so I blended down my neck too. I contoured with Sleeks Face Form Palette in Light using just a touch of the blush on my cheeks. I filled in my brows with Benefit's Brow Zings Palette in Medium.

Then the fun started. I began with Soap & Glory's It's A Prime eyeshadow underbase, then blended Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. I swiped on a bit of the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Stick in Bad Bronze on the outer corner and underneath my bottom lashes then blended it out. These created a lovely base for a heavy smoky eye.

I used shades from the Accessorize Lovely Day Palette to achieve a warm, bronzed smoky look. I applied a shimmery champagne shade to the inner corner of my eye then used a gorgeous shimmery bronze berry shade across the lid sheering out towards the brow. I used a matte brown shadow in the crease to add definition and Corrupt a matte black shadow from Mua's Undress Me Too Palette in the outer quarter of the lid and as a liner. I blended everything well with a clean fluffy brush before dotting on more of the berry shade in the centre of the lid for a more vibrant colour.

I finished with a few coats of Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Mascara in Black to curled lashes and a swipe of 17's Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive. I love the dramatic effect of this eye. I couldn't quite capture the gorgeous berry colour in the photographs. It's such a bold bronze cranberry shade, perfect for adding colour but sticking to the safety of nudes at the same time.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting :)