Wednesday, November 11

Get that English rose winter glow

Rosy cream blushers

Rosy cream blushers

When it comes to blush, I like a lot but I like it to look fairly natural. I opt for cream formulas more often than not, and prefer a slightly dewy finish. As the weather is getting colder and we draw closer to winter, I love to pop on a nice flush of colour that gives the impression of bitten rosy cheeks.

Products
Stilla's convertible colour blush in Tulip is one of my favourites. It's got a lovely thick and creamy texture and a really strong pigment so you only need a touch to give a good flush to the cheeks. The natural red colour pairs well with deep burgundy lips as well as pink toned reds and actually patted onto the lips with a fingertip it gives a really nice 'I've been eating berries' colour. Lasting power is pretty good as blush goes, though not as good on the lips.

For a similar effect but a slightly more natural colour I opt for Benefit's classic Benetint. The rosewater liquid gives a really lovely natural glow when patted on. It's definitely buildable too so you can go for a light flush or build up to seriously rosy cheeks but work quickly as it will stain - one cheek at a time! This is nice on the lips too, again patted on with a finger it gives a soft natural colour.

Finally, I frequently find myself swiping my lipstick onto my cheeks and blending out. Honestly lots of lipstick formulas work really well on the cheeks too. Don't go for something too glossy or balmy as it will be too shiny on your cheeks. and apply in small amounts because you may be surprised at the pigment. Practice on the back of your hand if necessary. Revlon's Lip Butters are lovely for the cheeks too and Raspberry Pie is a gorgeous colour. I'd suggest touching the balm to a clean brush and blending out on the cheeks - this is far more pigmented than most blushes to be careful.

Tools
My favourite cream blush tool is the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. It does a brilliant job of blending any product out to a natural flush and for all of the products above I find it easiest to apply a small amount of product to the brush first and blend out on the cheeks.

I sometimes use the Beauty Blender if I'm struggling to blend and need some help from the damp sponge. If you've already used it for your base it'll do a great job of dulling down blush if you've over applied.

Stilla Convertible Colour, £16, Benefit's Benetint, £24,50, Revlon Lip Butter, £7.99, Real Techniques Stippling Brush, £11.99, Beauty Blender, £16.

4 comments:

  1. I need to get my hands on the benetint, it looks and sounds amazing! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a classic, it will take you forever to use though so I'd suggest picking up a mini in a kit/as a freebie if you can.

      Delete
  2. Amazing photos! I always loved the packaging of Revlon's lip butters! X

    www.randomstein.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them too, definitely worth picking up when they're on offer - though some shades are a bit glittery so make sure to swatch!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :)