Thursday, December 31

New Years Eve Makeup



Happy New Year's Eve! My plans for this evening are fairly laid back - Pyjamas, Peppermint Tea and a watch of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.. I did however dress up for the occasion earlier today - because I'll take any excuse to play with makeup.

For me, New Year's Eve always calls for nude, blush and burgundy tones alongside a ton of glitter. So that's pretty much what I slapped onto my face, but let's begin with the base.

I opted for my favourite YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation, lovely, dewy and light as I'm going fairly heavy on the lips and eyes. I also used Seventeen's Stay Time Concealer to hide any blemishes and under my eyes. Both were bounced in with my trusty beauty blender and set with the Bourjois Java Rice Powder (or Poudre de Riz). I tamed my brows with some matte brown shadow from Bobbi Brown, and my L'oreal Brow Artiste Pencil and Plumper.

Onto the main event - smoky nude eyes. I created a base with No7s Stay Perfect Shade and Define stick in Pink Pearl across the lid and H&M's Eyeliner in Grand Cru in my inner corner. I applied Cream Soda from the Soap and Glory Perfect Ten Palette to the inner quarter of my lid and then patted on the shade Minky across the rest of the lid, leaving the outer corner. Taking Toasty I defined my crease then popped on a post-it to either corner of my eye to cheat a clean line and blended Smoulder across the outer third of my lid and into the crease in a V shape. I added a subtle winged liner with Soap and Glory's Supercat Liner and finished off the eyes with lashings of Benefit's Roller Lash, and Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Liner in Nude to brighten my waterline.

Using H&M's Lip Liner in Cherry Tart I lined my lips taking the colour inside and blending it out. I then applied No7's Stay Perfect lipstick in Loganberry on top of the liner straight from the bullet. I love this combination for a subtle ombre lip - though have to say it looks a lot less subtle in the above images!

Finally I brightened up my face with a touch of Stilla's Convertible Colour in Tulip and a little of Lord and Berry's blush in Lotus on top. I added some glow with the palest shades from Pop Beauty's Bright Up Your Life eye shadow trio in Peach Parfait brushed across my cheekbones, cupid's bow and above the eyebrows.

I love this winged out smoky eye with the shimmering nude shades on the lid and a statement lip. It's more makeup than I usually go for but if you can't get away with it on New Year's Eve, when can you?

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat in BR10 , £31.50, Seventeen's Stay Time Concealer, £4.49, Bourjois Java Rice Powder, £9.99, L'Oreal Brow Artiste Pencil, £4.99, L'Oreal's Brow Plumper, £5.99, No7's Stay Perfect Shade and Define, £8, H&M Eyeliner, £3.99, Soap and Glory Perfect Ten palette, £16, Soap and Glory Supercar Liner, £6, Benefit's Rollerlash, £17.50, Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Liner, £3.99, H&M Lip Liner, £3.99, No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick, £9.99, Stilla Convertible Colour, £16, Lord and Berry Blush, £18, Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life, £15.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)